Tempted to get involved? It’s common to be a bit apprehensive about approaching a cycling club for the first time. You may feel a bit anxious about not being able to keep up with the group, and that sort of thing – we have all been there! Keeping this in mind, Melbourne University Cycling Club has different groups to accommodate those who want to enjoy a cafe ride at a relaxed pace, those working on building their skills and fitness, and of course those who want to chain gang their way to fast and fluid efficiency.
So why join us?
- Motivation to get out and ride more often, and longer distances
- No more lonely solo rides – we have rides 6 days a week!
- Safety in numbers – car drivers find it easier to see a whole group
- Push yourself harder and get fitter and faster
- Discover new places and great routes
- Make friends!
- Learn a bit more about bike mechanics.
- We have a strong appreciation for cafe stops
- Feeling a part of something – unique social opportunities, including our Social Membership, foster community spirit on and off the bike
And so much more!